Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Houston, We Have a Reader!

I know it has been a while since I updated, but no, I haven't fallen off of the face of the earth, things are just...different right now.  However, I feel like writing today.

 I am literally doing the homeschool mom happy dance lately.  First of all because Alex and I BOTH survived this school year and I think we came out shining!  I am actually looking forward to next year!  The biggest milestone I think we have hit is Alex's LOVE of reading!  All of the sudden he is BLOSSOMING!  The boy always has a book in his hands...or a Lego.  He takes books in the car, to bed, to church, to the gym, to meetings....everywhere.  Last night we started a new Magic Treehouse book and he read me a chapter all by himself...only a few promptings needed.  Then he BEGGED me to read just one more chapter, but it was WAY past bedtime already so I told him he could read it in bed.  When I went to wake him up this morning, he was already awake and reading in his bed!  The boy read three chapters all by himself.  I'm a skeptic so I read the chapters over and then asked him about what had happened and he could almost recite every detail!  I am seriously down right giddy about this.  I honestly believe that knowing how to read and loving to read opens endless doors and opportunities.  You can do ANYTHING if you can and are willing to read.  I pray that I can continue to encourage his love for reading and that this will not end up being "just a phase".


I read this quote to Alex and he wants it on the wall in our school room when we move :-)  Just makes my mommy heart happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment